Philippines News Report – Except barangay village officials entire Philippines today, will try executive and legislative branches for all levels of government – national, provincial, and local.
The local ballot for the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) is anticipated to be held today.
But there may be changes in the schedule if Bangsamoro Basic Law is passed creating Bangsamoro political entity to replace the ARMM.
This election is scheduled to elect successors to Philippine President Benigno Aquino III and Vice President Jejomar Binay. There will also be ballot for:
- 12 seats to the Senate of the Philippines;
- All 297 seats to the House of Representatives of the Philippines;
- All governors, vice governors, and 772 seats to provincial boards for 81 provinces of the Philippines;
- All mayors and vice mayors for 145 cities in the Philippines and for 1,489 municipalities of the Philippines;
- All members of the city councils in the Philippines and 11,924 seats on municipal councils in the Philippines; and
- Governor, vice governor and all 24 seats in the regional assembly of the ARMM.
COMELEC is monitoring, organizing and adjudicating this elections with appeals under few conditions allowed to Supreme Court Of The Philippines sitting as the House of Representatives Electoral Tribunal, the Senate Electoral Tribunal, or the Presidential Electoral Tribunal.