Samsung Galaxy A8 Phone Launched
Those who are happy with Samsung A7 performance, one of the slimmest mobile available and were waiting for upgrade model can rejoice now. Samsung has launched Galaxy A8 device with 2GB RAM and 32GB internal storage with expandable microSD support of up to 128GB. Samsung Galaxy A8 is priced at Rs 32,500 in India. Available in 3 colors like A7 this variant too unveiled in Gold, black and white colors.
- Dimension – 158×76.8×5.9mm
- Weight – 161 grams, 10 grams more than A7 .
- The new Samsung Galaxy A8 has a larger display, better camera, and a bigger battery over its predecessor, the Galaxy A7.
- Samsung A8 supports both Band 3 and Band 40, which means it’s adaptable with 4G networks being set up in India right now.
- A8 model comes with5.7-inch full-HD (1080×1920 pixels). It’s impeccable resolution with Super Amoled display claims to run on the octa-core Samsung Exynos 5430 SoC (four cores clocked at 1.3GHz, and four at 1.8GHz) rather than 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor used in the China variant.
Feature of Samsung Galaxy A8 model:
- 3050mAh battery and gives a standby time (4G TDD LTE + 2G GSM) of up to 304 hours as per the claims of the company.
- 16-megapixel autofocus rear camera with optical image stabilisation, f/1.9 aperture
- Harnessed with, 120 degrees wide-angle lens with LED flash facility.
- Samsung Galaxy A8 camera can be instantly activated by pressing the home button twice, similar to Galaxy s6 and Galaxy s6 edge models.
- A front-face camera, or a selfie camera, is made up of 5-megapixel to improve the image quality.
- The connectivity options
- Bluetooth 4.1
- Dual band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac,
- Glonass, and LTE with Band 40 (2300MHz) and Band 3 (1800MHz) support, that means it will work with 4Gnetworks in India.
The competitors to A8 in segments of slimmest phones
- Gionee Elife S7
- Oppo R5 and Vivo X5Max are 5.5mm, 4.85mm and 4.75mm respectively.
Besides its slim profile, the Samsung galaxy A8 has added an additional feather in smartphones category by adding fingerprint sensor technology, which doubles as the home button.
With enormous features like this, you are like carrying a huge multitasking computer in a handy device. Android 5.1.1 Lollipop base and runs TouchWiz User Interface on top and features 2 Nano-SIM slots, of which one also acts as a microSD card slot.
This means you can either use this slot as a storage expansion unit or get an extra SIM to use it as dual-SIM support phone. The A8 producers talk big about this smartphone body as one of the best metal side bezels. Why?, the device has got near bezel-less screen and appears similar to the flagship Galaxy S6 from the front.
After A7 success, this gonna be the hit phone in the slimmest and smartest category phones, says one of the enthusiastic vendor, expecting big sales. Let us wait and see.
If you have something to opine about this phone, please do so below.