As per the leading news agency report a medium fire accident took place at the basement of an operation theatre in the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) hospital in Delhi on Tuesday. By the time this news piece is written four fire extinguishers were sent and the fire has been brought under control.
Fire extinguishing team doubt that a short circuit could be the reason for accident.
Fortunately there are no casualties. Patients and staff were evacuated from upper floor due to heavy smoke. It is said that the fire initially broke out at the trauma centre inside AIIMS, but the experts are investigating.
Damaged floor and furniture picture from the scene of building .